3 Future Ramifications a Criminal Conviction Can Cause
A Criminal Conviction On Your Record May...
1. Make renting or buying a home very difficult.
You should know that many landlords run background checks on their tenants and are less likely to accept a renter who has a criminal history. It can be hard to find a place to rent when you have a record. Buying a home can also be a struggle. A mortgage lender will need to see a reliable income in order to secure a home loan. This can be hard to prove, especially if you are having issues landing a job due to your criminal record.
2. Make finding the right job extremely challenging.
Realize that many applications will require you to disclose your criminal record. This may lead to difficulties in landing a job. Often times, someone with a criminal history does not get a job or even a call for an interview.
- Employers will typically run a background check on potential employees.
- It's best to be honest about your history, even though it can be a tough subject to discuss with a future employer.
- Trust is an important part of hiring someone and you can start to establish trust if you are upfront about your past.
3. Make getting a college degree almost impossible.
Know that if you are considering continuing your education, it may be difficult to get accepted to a college.
- Many educational facilities will run a background check on their potential students.
- This may have a negative impact on your search for further education.
- Just like with an employer, it's best to let the admissions office know about your criminal history upfront. This can help you get ahead of the hurdles versus letting it come up as a surprise.
Gibbons Law Firm Is Here For All Your Criminal Defense Legal Needs.
All of us here at our law firm in Lake Ozark hope you found this blog enlightening and that it makes you really think about the number of ways a criminal conviction can really affect your future. It is so important that you get an experienced criminal defense attorney in Missouri on your side if you find yourself in this unfortunate type of situation. Gibbons Law Firm represents clients in all types of felony and misdemeanor cases. Roger Gibbons has successfully tried hundreds of criminal cases of all types. To learn more and to have your first consultation, which is free, give us a call today. We can be reached at (573) 348-2211.
Remember, your initial consultation with Gibbons Law Firm is always free.
Your Trusted Legal Resource
Gibbons Law Firm
2820 Bagnell Dam Blvd, Suite B4
Lake Ozark, MO 65049