Need-to-Know Information About Workers' Comp. Cases
IT MAY BE IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO HIRE AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY TO REPRESENT YOU IN A WORKERS' COMPENSATION CASE.
If you have any issues pursuing your workers' compensation claim, you may need to seek representation. It's important to know your rights as an employee who has been injured. That's where an EXPERIENCED workers' comp. attorney comes in. We can help talk through your case and walk you through the legal process to try to get the compensation you deserve.
YOU SHOULD GET MEDICAL TREATMENT FOR YOUR INJURY SOONER RATHER THAN LATER.
Tending to your injuries is the most important thing you can do. When the medical staff is helping you, ensure it is documented that this injury occurred in the workplace. Your medical records will likely be needed during your case and it's important that they show you were hurt on the clock. Listen carefully to all medical advice when it comes to taking care of your injury after you leave the hospital or doctor's office.
LET YOUR EMPLOYER KNOW OF YOUR INJURY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
All accidents need to be reported to your employer. If you are injured at work, it's important to make sure your employer and/or HR department know of the injury.
- Even if it seems like a minor accident, you should still report the injury.
- If you have a small injury now, it could lead to further damage in the future and you will want the initial injury to be properly documented with your employer.
- In addition to all injuries that take place at work, all accidents should be reported, as well.
- Even an accident in which no one was hurt should be reported to your supervisor.
- New protocol or precautions may be put in place to ensure no one is hurt if a similar accident does occur in the future.
All of us here at Gibbons Law Firm hope that you found this blog enlightening. Again, you honestly never know what may happen on the job and it's important to be prepared with workers' compensation insurance, just in case. If you're struggling to get your injuries covered, we are here for you! Let us help you by presenting your legal options. Give us a call today at the phone number listed below. You can also follow us on our social media channels listed below to stay up to date on our latest announcements.
Remember, your initial consultation with Gibbons Law Firm is always free.
Your Trusted Legal Resource
Gibbons Law Firm
2820 Bagnell Dam Blvd, Suite B4
Lake Ozark, MO 65049