If you are affected by some of the potential dangers of Halloween, our personal injury attorney at the Lake of the Ozarks is here for you. We can help represent your side of the case and offer legal advice as you work your way through your options. If you are curious about the dangers that may be lurking this spooky holiday, take a look below for a few examples.
Potential Dangers Lurking on Halloween:
- Getting cut while carving pumpkins.
- Tripping on a long or draping Halloween costume.
- Limited visibility for navigating sidewalks and streets while wearing a mask.
- Falling down a set of porch stairs while trick-or-treating.
- Being struck by a drunk driver.
- Breaking out in a rash due to costume paint.
- Eating candy that's been contaminated with drugs or tampered in other ways.
- Hitting a pedestrian in a busy parking lot.
- Burning your hand on a jack-o-lantern candle.
- Losing a child during a crowded trick-or-treat festival.
Scary Statistics About Halloween:
- Child pedestrians are twice as likely to be killed by a car on Halloween night.
- Only 18% of parents use reflective tape on their children's costumes to make them more visible.
- Most major brands of Halloween face paint contain detectable amounts of lead.
- 75% of parents admit to having fears about Halloween, but only 25% of parents talk to their children about Halloween safety every year.
- 12% of children ages 5 and under are allowed to trick-or-treat without adult supervision.
Now that you know a little more about the obvious (and not-so-obvious) dangers of this popular holiday, you can better prepare your family for a successful celebration. Be on guard as you approach a potentially dangerous situation this Halloween. If you or one of your family members are unfortunately injured due to someone else's' negligence, our Lake of the Ozarks law firm may be able to assist. Don't forget, your first consultation with us is always free!
Remember, your initial consultation with Gibbons Law Firm is always free.
Your Trusted Legal Resource
Gibbons Law Firm
2820 Bagnell Dam Blvd, Suite B4
Lake Ozark, MO 65049