Safety Tips for Shooting Fireworks:
- Immediate back up to keep a safe distance after lighting a firework.
- Keep water handy to extinguish a firework or spark, if needed.
- Never allow a young child to light a firework.
- Avoid re-lighting a firework that seems to have not lit properly.
- If a firework does not explode, keep a safe distance.
- Never look into a bottle or tube that a firework has dropped into.
- Avoid pointing a firework at another person.
- Wet down used fireworks to ensure they are extinguished.
- Check your local ordinance to ensure it is legal to shoot fireworks in your location.
Safety Tips for Attending Firework Displays:
- Bring a flashlight to easily navigate the area in the dark.
- Ensure your children stay close at crowded events.
How to Handle a Firework Injury:
- Avoid the application of ointments for a burn.
- Don't attempt to remove any object that may be embedded in the skin.
- Avoid touching or rinsing the wound.
Fireworks are part of the 4th of July and can be a fun and spectacular activity to celebrate the holiday. Our law firm at the Lake of the Ozarks encourages everyone to use caution when lighting fireworks this 4th of July. We hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday!
Remember, your initial consultation with Gibbons Law Firm is always free.
Your Trusted Legal Resource
Gibbons Law Firm
2820 Bagnell Dam Blvd, Suite B4
Lake Ozark, MO 65049