The legal aspects of family law can be highly complex and highly sensitive and emotional because of the personal nature of the disputes. An experienced and knowledgeable attorney—with the ability to listen and counsel clients, investigate and negotiate cases, to defuse conflict, and, when necessary, to litigate a case—is important to a successful outcome of a family law case.
- divorce - legal dissolution of a marriage.
- legal separation - a legal arrangement in which a couple remains married but lives separately.
- division of assets and liabilities - the process of dividing marital property, profits, and debts.
- spousal support - financial support provided by one spouse to another after divorce.
- child custody - regards the guardianship of a child.
- child support - financial support provided for a child.
- adoptions - the arrangement in which a non-birth parent becomes the legal guardian of a child.
- guardianships - the legal arrangement for the care of a minor.
- paternity case - the legal process of declaring the father of a child.
- termination of parental rights - the act of legally ending any rights of being a parent.
- prenuptial and postnuptial agreements - a legal agreement made by a couple to determine who receives assets, if a marriage should fail.
Now that you've learned more about each family law area, you can better prepare if you are in need of a family lawyer near the Lake of the Ozarks. We understand you are likely facing a sensitive time when you're seeking family law advice and we pride ourselves on helping you through this difficult time. Contact us today to schedule your first consultation -- and remember your first one is free.
Remember, your initial consultation with Gibbons Law Firm is always free.
Your Trusted Legal Resource
Gibbons Law Firm
2820 Bagnell Dam Blvd, Suite B4
Lake Ozark, MO 65049